Considering accepting a new job offer, but have to change health insurance provider

Hello all! I am a speech language pathologist currently working in a hospital setting, but lately have been struggling to keep up with the workload. My current employer offers Blue across Blue Shield through Highmark, and the insurance is very good. I have colitis and other gastrointestinal issues, which means a lot of doctor visits and medications. My current GI specialist is in-network and everything is covered that I need.

I am considering taking a job in a nursing home, which comes with a considerable pay raise. They offer health insurance through Independent Health, Nova. I have been trying to figure out whether or not my GI doctor is in-network, along with all my visits and medications but have been struggling getting answers. I have talked to my doctor (at Cleveland Clinic), the HR rep at my potential new employer and the insurance company but I’m not getting anywhere. Without having accepted the job I don’t have the group ID for the insurance plan, and knowing whether or not all of the things that come along with my GI problems is a make or break for me deciding to take the new job or not.

I need help figuring out what to do from here. I’m going to call HR again tomorrow and see if I can get some more details. I really just don’t know where to start with the right questions to ask, the right people to talk to, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!