Jay Leno Injured with 'Serious Burns' in Gasoline Fire

Jay Leno Injured with 'Serious Burns' in Gasoline Fire

TV show host and well-known car collector Jay Leno was admitted to a hospital on Sunday after suffering burns to his face from a gas fire, TMZ and Variety report.

According to TMZ’s sources, Leno was in his Los Angeles garage where he stores his vast collection when a car burst into flames without warning. The report claims the fire burned the left side of the comedian’s face, but did not penetrate his eye or ear.

“I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire,” Leno told Variety. “I am okay. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”

The 72-year-old former Tonight Show host was scheduled to appear at a financial conference in Las Vegas on Sunday night but did not appear due to a “very serious medical emergency,” People reports.

Leno was admitted to the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles where he remains today, says TMZ.

This content is imported from OpenWeb. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.